UNIVERSITY CREDIT AVAILABLE
for CABE 2016 Conference Attendees
WHAT CREDIT IS AVAILABLE?
Earn upper division, professional development continuing education units at CABE 2016.
University transcripts will be available upon successful completion and verification of all course requirements.
Important: Prior to enrolling, participants should check district requirements regarding CEU acceptance and salary point equivalency.
HOW DO I ENROLL?
Online registration is available as follows:
Two Unit Course: http://tinyurl.com/CABE-2-Unit-Course
Three Unit Course: http://tinyurl.com/CABE-3-Unit-Course
Course registration will also be available on-site at the CABE University Credit table.
Participants must register for university credit prior to attending any workshop or institute that will be utilized to earn university credit.
Credit card payments are accepted for online registration only.
Checks are accepted for in-person registration only.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
Option I - 2 Units
Option II - 3 Units
CABE 2016 Course 200: Bridging Multiple Worlds for Local & Global Success
CABE 2016 Course 300: Bridging Multiple Worlds for Local & Global Success
12 hours on-site* plus
8 hours independent work
15 hours on-site* plus
15 hours independent work
1. Complete attendance form for each session attended to verify a total of 12 on-site, CABE conference hours and 8 hours independent work.
2. Identify and read at least 1 article or professional reading selection that deepens and/or extends your CABE conference learning (independent work). A selection of articles will be made available.
3. Submit a summary paper that (a) synthesizes your article; (b) synthesizes what you’ve learned; and (c) identifies specific implications for classroom use:
4 pages – typed, double-spaced = 8 hours independent
1. Complete attendance form for each session attended to verify a total of 15 on-site, CABE conference hours.
2. Identify and read at least 3 articles or professional reading selections that deepen and/or extend your CABE conference learning (independent work). A selection of articles will be made available.
3. Submit a summary paper that
(a) synthesizes your articles/readings (b) synthesizes what you’ve learned and (c) identifies implications of conference content and selected readings for classroom use: 6 pages – typed, double-spaced with at least 3 references = 15 hours independent work.
April 20, 2016
April 20, 2016
For questions about this professional development opportunity, please contact The Center for Equity for English Learners at firstname.lastname@example.org or (310) 568-6117.
Loyola Marymount University | Center for Equity for English Learners
1 LMU Drive, Suite 2616 ◊ Los Angeles, California 90045
email@example.com ◊ Phone: (310) 568-6117 ◊ Fax (310) 338-1976
Upon successful completion of assignments, participants can receive verification of university credit (continuing education units) by requesting transcripts from Loyola Marymount University.
* CABE qualifying sessions include general sessions, featured speaker sessions, full-day or half-day institutes, workshops, and networking sessions.